At last, the season of goodwill is upon us – although you might want to keep our tasty Toasted Hemp Seeds all to yourself! Available for a limited time only, while stocks last.
Our toasted hemp seeds provide one of the richest, non-meat sources of amnio acids. Lightly salted and with a nutty taste, hemp seeds provide an excellent source of omega 3, 6 and 9 fats. The hemp seed shells are also loaded with fiber.
Toasted and salted hemp seeds are a delicious crunchy snack that you can enjoy straight from the pack, or sprinkle over salads or yogurt for a satisfying, savory topping. Try adding them to your breakfast smoothies or cereal for some added nutrition – you can even add them to your favorite baked cookie or muffin recipes!
Hemp seeds have a delicious nutty flavor that goes well with chocolate for a delicious snack – check out our Easy Hemp Choc’n’Nut Cookies recipe. You can swap your ingredients to add your favorite cookie ingredients.
Easy Hemp Choc’n’Nut Cookies
Makes about 24
Prep time – about 15 minutes
Cooking time – about 10 minutes
2 oz. Hazelnuts
1 ½ oz. Toasted Hemp Seeds
Pinch of salt flakes
8 oz. Plain Flour
4 oz. Light Brown Sugar
4 oz. Caster Sugar
4 oz. Chocolate Chunks
1 teaspoon Baking Power
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 large Egg Beaten
1. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper and preheat the oven to 350°F, gas mark 4.
2. Roughly chop the hazelnuts
3. Sift the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl. Stir through the chocolate chunks, hemp seeds and hazelnuts.
4. Add the brown and caster sugars to a separate bowl, make a well in the centre and add the vanilla and the egg. Add your Kannaway hemp oil at this point for extra hemp goodness. Whisk together until smooth.
5. Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients, and mix until you have a fairly soft, sticky dough. Scoop tablespoonsful of the mixture onto both of the trays, spacing the dough well apart to allow the mixture to spread during cooking. Top each cookie with a tiny pinch of flaky salt.
6. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, until golden but still soft. Leave to firm up slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.
We can’t wait to see photos of your cookie creations, remember to use #wearekannaway when sharing on your social media and tag us with @wearekannaway.