In episode #17 of Kannaway Champions with Nick Lowery, Director of Kannaway Sports and NFL Kansas City Chiefs Hall of Famer Nick Lowery interviews premier expert for financial literacy and entrepreneurial success, Sharon Lechter.
Ms. Lechter is the co-author of the international bestseller Rich Dad Poor Dad and has released 25 books with over 32 million books sold, including of her latest project, Think and Grow Rich for Women.
In this timely, can't-miss episode of Kannaway Champions with Nick Lowery, Sharon Lechter shares with the Kannaway community her insight on enduring the economic and emotional impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, and offers principles of financial and entrepreneurial success that you can implement into your own entrepreneurial plan for 2021.
Some of the other major lessons in the episode include:
- There’s a power to having businesses and assets that work for you. Buying, building, and creating assets allows you to get out of the rat race of exchanging time for money.
- This is a unique time to redesign your life. Ask yourself: What can you do to create something that helps others?
- The most successful businesses solve a problem or serve a need. We have a few problems and needs right now, and even if you’re an employee you can start a business to fulfill those needs.
- It's beneficial to teach children the value side of money. Doing so will help them to be financially competent and be in a position to help others.
- Now is the time to discover how we can create value. Amid the pandemic and its related challenges, this is the time for partnership and collaboration.
- You need to identify your purpose. Most people don’t really have a goal. Find that passion, then then identify right associations, and then have faith (overcome fear).
- Control your environment. Consider how you’re spending your time and who you’re surrounding yourself with.
- The world moves too fast to wait and learn things on your own. You can make a greater impact by joining forces with others; people who are strong where you are weak.
You can also watch this new episode on YouTube.
We've curated a selection of some of the memorable and quotable moments from the interview with Sharon Lechter:
“I really didn’t understand how much I knew about money compared to everyone else until I got out into the real world as a CPA and started realizing people did not understand how to have money work for you instead of you always exchanging time for money.” - Sharon Lechter
“There’s nothing wrong with being an employee. It’s not what you do for your paycheck. It’s what you do with your paycheck that counts.” - Sharon Lechter
“When it comes to money, you either control your money, or it controls you. There’s not much in between.” - Sharon Lechter
“You may be an employee, but you also have the opportunity to start a business on the side.” - Sharon Lechter
“Too many of us put these shackles or blindfolds on ourselves. Step outside your comfort zone and create the opportunities that are right there. Seize them.” - Sharon Lechter
“When you combine creativity with business savvy, you become automatically a powerful person and you also create, from day one of that unity, a self-concept that you are in charge of finding the most important answers in your life.” - Nick Lowery
“Are you surrounding yourself with negativity? Are you reading the negative news all the time? Are you surrounding yourself with people who want you to succeed? People who are going to challenge you, push you out of your comfort zone? How are you spending your time?” - Sharon Lechter
Kannaway Champions with Nick Lowery is a bi-weekly digital series featuring interviews with world-class athletes and forward-thinking entrepreneurs that’s meant to provide our Kannaway Brand Ambassadors (BAs) and other entrepreneurs with insight and inspiration as they move in the desired direction to reach their own entrepreneurial goals. Episodes premiere on Facebook Live on Wednesdays at 12 pm PST.
You can watch previous episodes of Kannaway Champions with Nick Lowery on the Kannaway Facebook page.